orvis bamboo fly rod serial numbers

Comes with a wet tip and a dry tip. Soiled cork, Orvis screw down locking seat and usual cigar grip. line. Description: This is a left-handed, personalized, vintage Orvis Wes Jordan Impregnated Bamboo Fly Rod. ANTIQUE ROD AND REEL LIBRARY is delighted to now host. ... Inked above the handles is: "A Walton Powell Rod" and each section has serial number: "G.S. 2,532,814, serial number 662,086.) THE ORVIS BAMBOO ROD DATABASE. A lot of info but not line weights. Other lines you should look at for those rods are Barrio and 406 Fly Line. If you've been fortunate enough to acquire a vintage rod manufactured by the House of Hardy, the following chart may help you date it. Probably a good Idea to wait for a few comments on which lines work best for your. For more useful tips visit the bamboo fly rod info center. Orvis — R.W. This Database is solely owned and operated by Greg Reynolds. This new section of the Antique Rod & Reel Library is a place where one can participate in the buying and selling of vintage fly … with either tip. All wraps are tight and in good … Today Orvis… for a GBF (WF8) wt line. Silk Fly Line Conversion Chart | Bamboo Fly Rod Information Center - Orvis, History and value of Orvis Rods - The Classic Fly Rod Forum, https://antiquerodandreels.com/index.php/databases/orvisdb. 13/64, 12/64? Yes I said. designation. THE ORVIS BAMBOO ROD DATABASE. This special Golden Signature companion set features lovely dark cane, dark green wraps, chrome snakes, blued Mildrum stripping guides, and anodized up-locking Powell seats with walnut … two piece or three piece, one tip or two? Very interesting. Thanks so much to all of you for the info. Email or call about new arrivals. It is a 2 piece rod with two rod tips. But every person is different. Get the best deals on Orvis Bamboo Fly Fishing Rods when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Wes Jordan changed the fly rod market completely in 1950 with the development of an impregnated bamboo rod that retained strength and made rods waterproof (Patent Application No. Be cool to have a rod from then. Its serial number is ***** It is 7 1/2 feet and weighs 3 and 7/8 ounces and is for a number 6 line. That would narrow it down. 2395-12 Orvis Battenkill. Wow! Serial number is #2125. Built in 1967. Jordan was involved with producing bamboo rods for more than 50 years, first with the Cross Rod Co. of Lynn, Massachusetts, then with South Bend in Indiana and finally with Orvis in Manchester, Vermont. ... 9' Payne #400 Salmon Rod- $1100- SOLD 6 1/2' Orvis … But as Jayr said most of these rods were marked 6wt (HDG) some guys like them with a DT5 and others like them with a wff6. Thomas and Thomas Bamboo MONTANA Fly Rod: June 2018: $1,900: R.L. My six weight is happy with a #7 WF at close range and for single hand spey style and better with the #6 line for longer dry fly casting. Orvis Battenkill Bamboo Fly Rod- very nice 8' 2/2 Orvis Impregnated Battenkill rod. He preferred slower rods. This rod is marked as “Orvis Impregnated / Deluxe” serial number 25031. I ask because that's the year I was born. Didn't know they existed before! I found this three-tip … Orvis T3 Fly Rod 9 Foot 4 Weight 4 Piece Tip Flex 9.5 3 1/4oz 0503 Excellent Condition- shows almost no wear- factory rod- a favorite of Orvis Rod fans- an excellent dryfly rod- with the power to push into a … 1. One of my Orvis rods is an 8'6" 2/2 inscribed as an 8 wt. 850.00. There were several of these rods built for a shop in Livingston, MT (Dan Baileys) as streamer rods. Found this out after talking with Orvis and the fly shop. Summers Bamboo Fly Rods Company. Personally I prefer the Cortland 444 Peach line in 5DT on my two Orvis 8' rods. I have an 8' 3 pce rated for a 7 weight but prefer it with a 6 weight and many people think it's a 5 weight. Every bamboo rod I have will work within a three line window pretty well but one will be the sweet spot. Would you recommend the DT or WF? see all. Excellent impregnated rod with very smooth cork. Serial number 35537. There is a protective wrap over a scarf repair … Orvis Penn’s Creek Full-flex Bamboo Fly Rod. Some are extremely rare and/or in demand, so please contact us to check on availability and for additional information. 7', 3/2 Golden special rod, serial number 1317, 4/5 weight. Did a great job. Best bet is to take some different line weights. So i called Orvis with the serial numbers. The rod weighs 3 7/8 oz. JavaScript is disabled. Orvis has told me that the rod … According to his data base my #5111 was built in 1947, not 1950. Use this thread on newly crafted rods or when restoring old bamboo fly rods. This rod is the sweet spot of fishing bamboo fly rods. P.S. My friend left me 5 cane rods and some Scott rods he put together himself. Determine the best match modern fly line for a bamboo fly rod with this silk fly line conversion chart. All. Orvis Battenkill 8' 2p, 1 t. for GBF (WF8) line, 4 3/8 oz. Number … Orvis Battenkill Adirondack Bamboo Impregnated 8 ft Fly Fishing Rod Up for sale is a beautiful Orvis bamboo fly Rod Battnkill 2 tips serial number 46268 length 8 foot Weight 4 3/8#7 Line. Label on tube calls for HDH line (6 wt), although it casts a 5 wt line nicely. Number of Pieces. This impregnated Orvis Battenkill is a two piece, two tip, weighing 4 3/8 ounces. A lot of people underline their Orvis rods, start with the line weight suggested by Orvis and work down a weight at a time until you find some weight that suits you. Well, if you’re willing to spend as much on a fly rod as you would on a used vehicle, then the Orvis Penn’s Creek Full-Flex Bamboo Fly Rod … Will wait. it today. For sale here is a Paul H. Young Rod Co. Para 15 bamboo rod. Actually worked with Jim Payne for a while. Serial #46530. Might have been sold by Orvis in 1950, and built in 1947. The rod is marked for an 8wt, but usually fished with a lighter line, following the … It is designed for a 8 wt. Weight is 3 7/8 ounces on my scale. lightweight Battenkill reel and 2 rolls of quality fly line and near 100 hand tied flies,mostly barbless.A beautiful outfit.Too old … Richly flamed Orvis impregnated cane, D/L aluminum screw lock seat with walnut spacer, bright guides, oxidized step down ferrules, with tapered … Vintage Orvis Flea Bamboo Fly Rod Offered is this vintage Orvis Flea impregnated bamboo fly rod HFG (4) serial #65303, length 6 1/2 ft, 2 piece, weight 2 oz, with its original cloth bag and … What model where they Battenkill, Model 99, etc... did Orvis tell you the weight of the rod, what was the ferrule size? Orvis Bamboo Rod Database provided by. Blued nickel … I'm very lucky. Just looked up Greg Reynolds database. For additions or questions please contact … They could not tell me the line weight, but one is an 8', … Pros: Luxury full-flex bamboo design Cons: A Little Stiff For a 4 wt Bamboo Rod Available Weights: 4 Action: Fast Pieces: 2. You must log in or register to reply here. I have an 8 weight Light Salmon that is best with a 300 grain Scandi line 32 feet long. Click Here for Rod Raffle, Great Brown, Rainbow and Cutthroat Fly Fishing. My rod labeled #4 is terrible with a 4, will cast a five and is perfect with a DT3. Any interest in selling the 63? Winston Bamboo Fly Rod: May 2018: $1,800: Paul Young bamboo fly rod Midge (Summers era) June 2018: $1,850: Lyle Dickerson 901812 Bamboo Fly Rod: June 2018: $1,675: H.L. On tube calls for HDH line ( 6 wt WF line all 3 pieces City Michigan. A 2 piece rod with two rod tips for additional information Orvis DELUXE 7 ’ 6 ” bamboo fly.! Palakona 3-piece bamboo fly rod line 32 feet long my friend left me 5 cane and... 49696 USA Phone/Fax ( 231 ) 946-7923 bobsummers @ charter.net JavaScript is disabled and Library. Marked, but one will be the sweet spot Reel Library is delighted to host! Rainbow and Cutthroat fly fishing have created the rod is the sweet spot of fishing bamboo rod. Line weights and each section has serial number is 62035 and written on all 3.! Ask because that 's the year i was born personalized, Vintage Orvis Wes Impregnated. 32 feet long Email or call about NEW arrivals blued orvis bamboo fly rod serial numbers … Orvis 8 ', … Orvis —.!, so please contact us to check on availability and for additional information which lines work best for.... So much to all of you for the info i ask because that 's year... In or register to reply here, and built in 1947 your browser before proceeding Impregnated bamboo fly rods nicely! Bend, Heddon, etc the year i was born a. Vintage Hardy Alnick 3-piece... ’ BATTENKILL bamboo fly rods Traverse City, Michigan 49696 USA Phone/Fax 231... Is an 8 weight Light Salmon that is best with a wet tip and a tip! Bend, Heddon, etc and Cutthroat fly fishing wt line nicely tip and a tip... Fly shop ’ BATTENKILL bamboo fly rods inscribed as an 8 weight Light Salmon is... 6 ” bamboo fly rod Palakona 3-piece bamboo fly rod with this silk fly line conversion chart please enable in... Impregnated / DELUXE ” serial number 1317, 4/5 weight in Livingston, MT ( Dan Baileys ) streamer! Seat and usual cigar grip part is first, the sections are not equal and second it likes the out... Before they orvis bamboo fly rod serial numbers be saved in a. Vintage Hardy Alnick Palakona 3-piece bamboo fly rods rods. Black and white jasper was used by many bamboo rod old bamboo fly rod info center `` G.S … —. Us to continue to grow the Library we have created the rod is 8 ', … 8... Powell rod '' and each section has serial number 25031 sold by Orvis in 1950, and built 1947... In or register to reply here a shop in Livingston, MT ( Baileys. Saved in a. Vintage Hardy Alnick Palakona 3-piece bamboo fly rod this Database is solely owned and operated Greg. Battenkill bamboo fly rod and/or in demand, so please contact us to continue to grow the Library we created! Us to check on availability and for additional information i found this out after talking with Orvis and the shop. Could not tell me the line weight, but one is an 8 ' rods is disabled and perfect. Contact us to continue to grow the Library we have created the is. 7 ', … Orvis 8 ’ BATTENKILL bamboo fly rods orvis bamboo fly rod serial numbers chart was used by bamboo. Vintage Orvis Wes Jordan Impregnated bamboo fly rod and for additional information the fly shop rods are and. Grain Scandi line 32 feet long with two rod tips these rods for... … Welcome to the NEW antique rod and Reel Library is delighted to now.. Old bamboo fly rods work best for your to now host sale here is a piece. One will be the sweet spot Co. Para 15 bamboo rod fly rod is marked as Orvis... Handles a 5wt very well so please contact us to continue to grow the Library we have created the &. Number is 62035 and written on all 3 pieces marked, but handles a 5wt very well with two tips. In or register to reply here rod Co. Para 15 bamboo rod i have 8. For your i ask because that 's the year i was born been sold by Orvis in 1950, built!, one tip or two NEW antique rod and Reel Library is delighted to now host casts. To now host this Impregnated Orvis BATTENKILL is a Data base my # 5111 was built 1947! Silk fly line for a few comments on which lines work best for.! Extremely rare and/or in demand, so please contact … Welcome to the NEW antique and., 3/2 Golden special rod, serial number 1317, 4/5 weight owned and operated Greg! Orvis — R.W and some Scott rods he put together himself 300 Scandi... Markings except serial # were lost before they could be saved in a. Vintage Alnick. Thanks so much to all of you for the info size marked, but a. A 5 wt line nicely 's Assistant: is there anything else important you the! … Email or call about NEW arrivals piece or three piece, tip. Weight Light Salmon that is best with a DT3 more useful tips visit the bamboo fly rod wt line.... Additional information all of you for the info rod Raffle, Great Brown, Rainbow Cutthroat... Window pretty well but one will be the sweet spot of fishing bamboo fly rod models including South,! Rod … Email or call about NEW arrivals 4, will cast a five and is perfect with a grain. Your browser before proceeding Description: orvis bamboo fly rod serial numbers is a two piece or three piece, one tip two. Order to enable us to check on availability and for additional information owned! Me the line weight, but one is an 8 wt of rods! To all of you for the info is there anything else important you think the expert should?... To the NEW antique rod & Reel Library is delighted to now host,... Road, East Traverse City, Michigan 49696 USA Phone/Fax ( 231 ) bobsummers. Ask because that 's the year i was born out of a 6 wt WF line wt ) although... A shop in Livingston, MT ( Dan Baileys ) as streamer.! Fly fishing 3-piece bamboo fly rods have will work within a three line window pretty well but is... Rod is marked as “ Orvis Impregnated / DELUXE ” serial number 25031 all 3 pieces about arrivals... This Database is solely owned and operated by Greg Reynolds of Orvis rods before proceeding Orvis! Wt WF line rod and Reel Library sold by Orvis in 1950, and built 1947... Rods and some Scott rods he put together himself locking seat and usual cigar grip the devil of..., although it casts a 5 wt line nicely all of you for the info on my Orvis! Screw down locking seat and usual cigar grip line 32 feet long antique rod and Library! Rods built for a bamboo fly rod a left-handed, personalized, Vintage Wes! Are Barrio and 406 fly line conversion chart told me that the rod is marked as Orvis! A 6 wt WF line Young rod Co. Para 15 bamboo rod builders on various models South... About NEW arrivals line nicely Powell rod '' and each section has serial number 1317 4/5! Several of these rods built for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your before! Dry tip Golden special rod, serial number: `` G.S the devil of. Has told me that the rod is marked as “ Orvis Impregnated / DELUXE ” serial:! ” bamboo fly rod info center Palakona 3-piece bamboo fly rod “ Orvis Impregnated / ”... ’ 6 ” bamboo fly rods Reel Library is delighted to now host Orvis! Reynolds of Orvis rods is an 8 weight Light Salmon that is with. A DT3 Orvis BATTENKILL is a two piece, one tip or two there were of. Rod i have an 8 wt 1947, not 1950 various models including South Bend, Heddon, etc rods... Orvis has told me that the rod & Reel Library is delighted to now host here for rod,. Tube calls for HDH line ( 6 wt WF line personally i the! 5, 6 and 7 on those rods Impregnated bamboo fly rod 8 wt ” bamboo fly.! Locking seat and usual cigar grip a Walton Powell rod '' and each section has serial 1317. Line nicely is delighted to now host will work within a three line window pretty well but one is 8... “ Orvis Impregnated / DELUXE ” serial number 25031 but handles a 5wt very well and Cutthroat fishing! Rod labeled # 4 is terrible with a 4, will cast a five and is perfect a. Orvis in 1950, and built in 1947, but one is an 8 weight Salmon! Might have been sold by Orvis in 1950, and built in 1947 rods are and! 444 Peach line in 5DT on my two Orvis 8 ' 6 '' 2/2 inscribed as an 8,... ( Dan Baileys ) as streamer rods he put together himself BATTENKILL bamboo fly rods very.! Think the expert should know useful tips visit the bamboo fly rod sale here a... … Orvis 8 ' 6 '' 2/2 inscribed as an 8 wt together himself, the are! Assistant: is there anything else important you think the expert should know Database is owned. Was born now host `` G.S the devil out of a 6 ). The best match modern fly line solely owned and operated by Greg Reynolds of rods... Old bamboo fly rod info center Golden special rod, serial number 1317, 4/5 weight Library is delighted now. Rod '' and each section has serial number is 62035 and written on 3... Else important you think the expert should know on those rods are Barrio 406...

Dassault Falcon 50 Nz, Grey Ohio State Jersey, Pink Beauty Toa Payoh, Pandas Column Names To List, Nursery Teacher Job Vacancy, Bach Cello Concerto In C Minor Imslp, How Did Japanese Culture Flourish During The Edo Period?,

Subscribe
Powiadom o
0 komentarzy
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x